Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Mom-blings


I'm sure there are plenty of things that I should be doing today, but I'm taking a mom day. It's spring break. The kids get a break from school, so I'm gonna take a break from "mom work" for a little bit today.
I've decided that I'm only going to do the things that I want to today. So, laundry's probably going to wait for another day. It's a nice day outside, so maybe I'll go and do a little bit of weeding in the yard. I think I'll catch up on my little TOFW webinars that I've missed for the last couple of weeks and who knows...I might even make it to the park with Bright and Rylen today (if I happen to decide to change out of my pj's.)
Some might call it being lazy. That's ok. I prefer to call it a little rejuvination and I'm rather enjoying it. I'd recommend it to anyone. Pres. Monson said (in Oct. 08 conference) that we need to learn to distinguish between what's important and what's not important. In my little TOFW webinar, Sis. Dew said that we need to know when to give things our best effort and when to just get things done. I'm not sure that they were necessarily talking about taking a day off from being a mom/housewife/cook/taxi driver/teacher/etc., but I'd right now I'd say a little R & R is just what's needed! You know the saying, "When mama's happy, everyone's happy!"

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Amen! We all need a day off once in awhile. The weather was so nice yesterday I just had to enjoy it and get out and play in the dirt. My yard looks so much better.

Jackee said...

Good for you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin