Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial/Tip

Good news: I finished Ashlynn's skirt before Easter Sunday, so she was able to wear it to church.
Bad news: I forgot to take pictures.
So....I'll do the skirt post next week!

One of the things that I didn't quite finish before Easter was the little quiet book about Christ that I was making for Rylen and my sister's kids' Easter baskets. Oops! Better late than never though...right?? I figure this book will still be good to use during sacrament meeting while the sacrament is being passed, to help the kids think of the Savior.

I will not claim credit for the idea, because as I've said before...Someone else has to be the creative genius...I'll just piggy back off them. You can find the directions and picture ideas for this book under Picture Book of Christ at www.theideadoor.com. Most of the pictures that I used were the ones that were suggested, but I had to get creative with a couple to avoid infringing on copyright laws. (I think that small prints of all the suggested pictures can be found at Deseret Book and on-line...but I didn't use some of them because of copyright laws. However, if YOU would like to switch the pics, you're welcome to do it!) The pictures were found in the LDS Gospel Art Kit, Gospel Art Book, and the Friend. (I'm not sure if the one of Christ coming out of the tomb is in the gak or gab, but hopefully it's not copyright...yikes! Let me know if you know something I don't know) All of the text comes directly from the gospel art kit or the primary song book.

The idea is to print the pages off, mount them on cardstock, and put them into a small 4X6 photo album book that the kids can look at during church. As always, let me know if you find any mistakes or if you have trouble downloading or printing. Enjoy!

Tell Me the Stories of Jesus Binder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin