Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Mom-blings

Life seems to get busier and busier everyday. Either that or I'm getting less and less organized. I'm inclined to think that it's a little bit of both.
Take yesterday for instance. I thought we were prepared to have a nice relaxing Sunday. The first in a while. But we seemed to run from meeting to meeting from about 9 am until 9 pm. Not bad necessarily. In fact, the meetings were all very good. (One of them probably inspired my thoughts for today.) I just had other ideas of how I would have liked the day to play out...church, lunch, snoozes, dinner, maybe play a game with the kids. Didn't happen. *sigh* Maybe next week.
I think I used to be organized. I remember a time when I had a specified cleaning day, errand day, etc. Our family ran like a well oiled machine, but as the kids have gotten older, we've gotten more things to do. I guess it's time for me to get more organized again. Not in the sense that everything is scheduled on a calendar (I'm not that way, and believe me, that could take up an entire wall in my house!) but just in the sense that there is a time for everything.
My point in this is not to complain about everything that we have to do, but simply to point out that life is busy, and getting seemingly busier everyday, and that if we're not careful the most important things may be replaced with things that SEEM important. I think that's where I'm at right now. It's time to declutter...not only the house, but my schedule. Make time for the important things. I'm not very good at that. I tend to take a really practical view of things: Work first...play later (if there's time...which of course there never is!) So my goal for the next little while is to get organized and get to work, so that I can also have fun doing the things that are most important in life...being with my family.
What about you? How do you keep your hectic life organized? Are you a work first, play later gal or have you found a way to mix in the fun? Do tell! I'm up for ideas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin