Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Mom-blings

Wow...it's Monday again already.  

How was your Mother's Day?  I hope everyone got the chance to put their feet up, relax, and be spoiled by your kids and hubby.  I think I'll make a motion that we have Mother's Day once a month (at least...I would say once a week, but I'm probably pushing my luck!)...wouldn't that be great???  I wouldn't even need the gifts, just a full day devoted to relaxation.  Sleep in; Long shower; No chores; Read a book; Take a nap; No fighting kids...shall I go on???  Heaven!  *sigh*

Moving on...

So, now, at the risk of becoming like all those retail stores out there that move from one holiday to the next (before the first one is even finished) I'm going to bring up Father's Day.  I'm running so far behind that if I start thinking about it now, I might just get to it by the time Father's Day arrives.  O.k., I'm joking...kind of.  Mostly I was just thinking about it because Kenny was so thoughtful for Mother's Day this year and I'd love to spoil him just a little too.  Yesterday in Sacrament meeting our Bishop talked about how much women (mother's) do and how their husbands should try extra hard to help them more.  It was a nice sentiment, and I understand what he's saying, but lately, I feel like I'm the one being the slacker...and Kenny is willingly picking up the slack.  I suppose that's how good marriages are made...you trade off slacking and picking up the slack...and you do it willingly.  

Anyhoo...so I'm looking for some Father's Day suggestions/ideas.  Send them my way if you've got any...over-the-top ideas, on-a-budget ideas, romantic, sporty, homemade, store bought, kid stuff, etc.  I wanna hear 'em all!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin