Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial

The end of school is quickly approaching.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad?? 

This is the time of year I always find myself stressing over teacher gifts.  Is it just me??
  

Kenny would say, "It's their job, why do they need a gift?" (maybe it's a guy thing) but my mom always made sure that we gave something to give our teachers both at Christmas and the end of the year.  (Maybe it's a teacher thing.) 

Regardless, I think it's nice for the kids to give a small token of appreciation to their teachers at the end of the year, but I have the hardest time trying to figure out something to give.  Add that to the fact that it needs to be relatively inexpensive because I have multiple children...which means multiple teachers, and the pocketbook is only so big...

So, I was sitting here stressing about a silly gift again and an idea came into my head....don't remember if I was blog surfing looking for ideas or if I saw something that made me think of it or
 what (so I apologize if I'm not giving credit where credit is due) but here's a quick and easy teacher gift that your kiddo's can make themselves:

Supplies:
*Small container (bucket/pail/etc...I got a few at the craft store for about $2.50, then I found the little pail at Target for $1)
*Teacher stickers/ABC stickers/Vinyl Lettering - whatever you'd like to decorate the container with.
*School Supplies - I chose pencils because what teacher couldn't use pencils, but you could use crayons, glue sticks, erasers, markers, pens, stickers...need I go on???



Instructions:
Let the kids decorate the container with whatever stickers/vinyl they want.  Fill the container with the school supplies.  Attach a nice little thank you note.  Voila!  Cute, useful teacher gift with minimal effort!

Here are some other ideas via Tip Junkie!!

2 comments:

grandma robby said...

Cute teacher gift...much better than all those smelly candles, soap and chocolates that we usually get!!!

Andy Porter said...

That's a great idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin