Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday...Wisdom??

I wasn't able to post any wisdom yesterday because I was at Girl Scout Day Camp doing the girl scout thing! So,today I want to share a couple of thoughts:

1. Yesterday they talked to the girls about kids that are "different." Specifically, kids with disabilities, and I just have to say how impressed I was by one little girl in particular who, after this lesson was given, proceeded to take great care in guiding another young girl with Down's Syndrome through the rest of the days activities. She was so sweet to this other girl. During volleyball, she went and got the ball, gave it to her friend, and cheered as her friend threw the ball over the net. She made sure that she and her "new" friend were on the same team during the tug-o-war even though she knew that team would probably lose. She took her by the hand to each and every activity, not minding the fact that they got to the activity last each time. What a sweet girl! In a world where people are quite often out for themselves, it makes my heart smile to know that there are people like this sweet little girl who are willing to help others!

2. Today, while I was putting off all of the housework that I didn't do yesterday, I found a little blinkie that I thought, had a great saying on it:


Appropriate, since it rained buckets here today, but also because it reminds us that sometimes we just have to keep going in spite of everything!

1 comment:

Andy Porter said...

That touches my heart that the girl was so sweet to her friend. That really is awesome of her.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin