Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom

Even Superman Needs A Dad
(Liz Lemon Swindle)

This is one of my favorite pictures, and I think a perfect piece of wisdom for Father's Day. And while I think the picture in and of itself speaks volumes, I think Liz Lemon Swindle's "Story Behind the Art" absolutely says it all....

Driving through a parking lot, I saw a boy and his father coming out of a store. The boy was imagining himself as a mighty hero, but he looked at his father with more admiration than any hero is likely to receive. Right then, I knew I had to paint "Even Superman Needs A Dad."

This father took an interest in everything his son had to say. Every moment seemed magical. While this little boy looked a bit out of place dressed in a Superman cape and red cowboy boots, his father could not have looked prouder. Who was the real Hero? Who was more in awe of whom?

When I look around at the thousands of Supermen who play alone each day it breaks my heart. Looking at these two I remember a wonderful father who took the time to be there for me, who taught me by example what a father should be. -Liz Lemon Swindle

Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful Dad's out there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin