Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday...trial and error??

So, I was trying to think of something to do today.

Last week I made the tote bag out of the fused plastic...this week I thought I'd try out a little scripture bag or something like that with the fused plastic. I've been looking for a pattern to make the bag cause I'm just not that talented of a seamstress to cut out pieces I think should go together and then actually make it look like what I want it to look like. Before I went to BYU, I had grand dreams of becoming a home ec. teacher (go ahead and laugh now.) I went to BYU, took my first pre-req. home ec. class (pattern design), failed miserably, and never took another home ec. class again...too painful! Needless to say, I like patterns!!

Anyhoo...I finally found a pattern. (Yay, me!) But, as I was searching for a pattern, a little idea (probably not incredibly original/unique...but I thought it would be fun to do anyway) popped into my head. You know when you go to church and you bring the BIG BAG full of stuff to keep your kids entertained throughout the meeting, and then you end up lugging the big bag around with you through the rest of the meetings....well, we need a bag especially for kids. We've tried the "every kid bring your own backpack" thing...that just makes more bags for me to carry. (And let me just say that carrying around 5 backpacks full of stuff is not so fun.) So, I was thinking that it needs to be a small, scripture bag size bag, and it should be filled with things that could keep the kids occupied, but also help them think more about the gospel. Kenny, of course, said that there would have to be some sort of snack container in it. Of course! I was thinking, a book about temples, or Christ, or the prophets, or maybe favorite primary songs. Customize it, I guess! It would need a little crayon/marker holder...pens/pencils for the older kids, and a notepad to draw in.

What would you put in it? What would your kids like?
Give me some of your ideas. I'll see what I can come up with, and post it next week.

Oh, and just so that you know that I haven't been completely lazy this past week, Ashlynn and I made some cute little clippies yesterday. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while but kept putting off. Well, yesterday was my neice's b-day, and Ashlynn wanted to make something for her, so we pulled out the ribbon, the alligator clips, some cute little plastic flowers, and the handy-dandy glue gun and went to work. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics...sorry! But the clippies did turn out really cute. I'm almost positive we'll make some more...and maybe try a few different kinds. Then I'll post a tute on them. Honestly, they're so easy, you probably won't need a tute...just a pic, but I'll post a tute anyhow. I promise!

So...send me your ideas. I'll be waiting!

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

My SIL made up some pictures of all the cousins in the family and attached them to magnets. It was fun because my kids got to know some of the family members that they don't get to see frequently and they stuck them on the metal chairs since we're always too late to get the soft benches. You can glue the pictures onto those magnets that you get in the mail or on phone books. Kind of fun for the little ones anyway.

Jackee said...

No ideas for you because YOU are the source of my inspiration. I don't know how you find so many cute and easy crafty things, but I love the help you give me on this here blog! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin