Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Favorites

Favorites.
Favorites!
Hmmmm...so many to choose from.
What will it be??
Ok, I've got it....
2 favorites...a long time fave, and a newly discovered fave!

1. Magleby's OR Magleby's Fresh (the take out version of Magleby's.)
Valentine's Day gave me a small taste of one of my favorite restaurants again...or at least a taste of their dessert! YUMMY!! I consider myself a chocolate connoisseur (ie. I've had my fair share of desserts, most of them chocolaty, over the years.) Anyhoo...for Valentine's day I got Kenny some of my (oops..HIS) favorite chocolate cake. It wasn't planned, but I happened to have to pick something up right around the corner from the restaurant that serves said cake and I couldn't pass it up. In truth, Magleby's is just one of those "special occassion" restaurants for us. It's kind of and indulgence, and definitely a little spendy (although Fresh is a little nicer on the pocketbook) but, oh, so worth it...for the chocolate cake alone. I would actually recommend Fresh more than Magleby's, but that's just me. There you have it. If you're ever out and need a bite to eat, give it a try. And don't forget the dessert. (Our cake is long gone but my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'm tempted to go buy another serving of it for my daily chocolate dose!)
2. A blog was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine. (An aspiring author, who has a pretty fun blog herself. Winded Words...check it out when you have a minute or two. She's always got a new project or two going on and loves feedback on her ideas.)
Chocolate on my Cranium is a fun little blog with all sorts of ideas. I, specifically love the weekly FHE ideas...they're fast, fun, creative, and best of all, downloadable. Perfect for those of us who need a little help with family night. Go to her blog; click the FHE button at the top; choose which lesson you'd like to see/use/download, and voila...FHE in a pinch!

1 comment:

Jackee said...

Geez... I'm blushing. But I really do love chocolate's FHEs. They are perfect for many ages.

And Magelby's... wow you just made me miss Utah. Again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin