Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Mom-blings

I was trying to think of something to write today and realized that I haven't done a post at all (ever) about Valentine's Day. I'm not really a huge proponent of the Day...not that I oppose it, but it's just not that big a deal to me. It's fun for the kids and I wouldn't complain if my hubby brought home some flowers, but saying "I love you" is not a 'one special day' thing. Love is not saved for a special day and neither are the kind acts that show it. With that said here's my tribute to Valentine's Day.

The Things I Love

*Bright's pouty lip
*A long hot shower!! (I'm not a bath-taker)
*A QUIET day at home (These are few and far between)
*To curl up on the couch with a good book
*A good idea
*To see an idea come to fruition (harder than you would think since I tend to see an idea and not do anything about it)
*A good back rub
*Warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of ice cold milk
*Snuggling up to Kenny on the couch
*Pizza & movie night with the family
*Sister's willing to babysit
The gospel
*Tulips blooming in the spring
*Sleeping in
*Eating out
*Playing the piano

and of course....my hubby and kids!

Now...this is not an all-inclusive list, but definitely the things I love...not like or heart or whatever...LOVE! What's on your list? Think about it. Write about it. Blog about it. Tell me about it. Do something about it! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

Yes I must agree with the warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk. Well, that's just about any time I drink milk... I must have cookies!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin