Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday...Things To Do

So, you would think this post might be about a romantic restaurant or date idea for the big day, but you couldn't be more wrong! (haha) My suggestion this week is for a family activity.

One of my family's favorite activities (especially the younger ones) is Kangaroo Zoo. It is a "...unique indoor active play and celebration environment which caters to the needs of children and parents alike..." (Their description.) Basically it's a big building full of those big blow-up jump houses where the kids can run wild for hours on end and get really, really, really tired!!! (my description...I think mine's better, don't you??)

The kids go in looking like this (well not exactly):

They do a little bit of this:

and come out looking like this:


How can you beat that? The kids have fun and get all tired out, leaving (what could turn out to be) a nice quiet...dare I say, romantic, evening for mom and dad. (Hey, who needs a babysitter...just tire out the kids, put them to bed, and let your Valentine's night begin.)
*Just a quick note: Kangaroo Zoo is open Monday thru Saturday from 10am-8pm (approx). Once you're in, you can stay as long as you like so it's a pretty good value. Cost is between $5 and $8 and there is no charge for watching.

Sorry to anyone not in our area. Better luck next time, but I'm sure there is something similar in your area. Now go out, have fun with the kids...and then have fun with your valentine!

1 comment:

Andy Porter said...

I'm so glad you commented so I could take a peak at your fun-ness. I love your blogs! I'll have to give the K-Zoo a go. I'm sure the kids would be in heaven!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin