Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom


"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I think about this line of the poem around Valentine's Day for a couple of different reasons. It reminds me that "love" is a verb. "Saying" I love you through our actions is just as important as actually voicing the words. It helps to remind me of the small everyday actions of my family that show (even though I might not think about it that way at the time) that they love me. Bright growls in my ear when he is comfortable. Rylen shares his songs on his iPod because he thinks they're my favorite. Breven tidies up the loft every morning before we read scriptures and pray. Ashlynn changes Bright's diaper...willingly. Jackson takes the garbage out when it is full. Kenny answers my calls while he's work and takes time to talk to me. It also helps me to remember that I also need to show others that I love them. Sometimes actions go further than words. The words are the initial act and the actions are the follow through. Love requires both our hearts and our hands.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
-Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

You really do have great kids! Thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin