Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Tip

Today's post isn't so much a tip or tutorial (for you at least.) I've been trying to teach myself a little bit about photoshop, so I've been doing a lot of playing around. While I was playing around I decided to make a little quiet book for church for Rylen. (I'm always looking for something to hold his interest for a minute and keep him quiet through sacrament.) Anyway, I love the new song the kids are learning in primary this year, "The Family is of God" by Matthew Neeley and I thought I would make a little book out of that so...

GGUF Binder


(GGUF stands for God Gave Us Families.)
I think I made this in a 4x6 size...to be put into one of those little photo books that you can buy at the dollar store, but if you're printing it off in Acrobat, then you can also print multiple pages on the sheet (making it smaller.) I would print the pages off on cardstock (or regular paper and then mount on cardstock for stability) then you could put them in the photo book OR you could just laminate the pages and hook them together with a binder clip or something and voila a quick little quiet book for your small kiddies that will also help them learn the words to the song for primary. Enjoy! Oh, and if you happen to want a bigger size leave me a comment and I'll try to figure out how to resize it.

The Family is of God - Quiet Book height="500" width="100%" > value="http://d.scribd.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=13327343&access_key=key-2fpa7rfu16add41kln0i&page=1&version=1&viewMode=">    
   Publish at Scribd or explore others:            How-to-Guides & Manu              Books              Fiction                  kids              Primary      


*Also, I had to upload the book to scribd. Not the most convenient place to put it because you have to register on the site to get the book, but registration is free. I'm also hoping that you might be able to print it directly from the view in this post. Click on the iPaper button and it should give you an option to print, but if you want to download it you'll probably have to go to scribd. Let me know how it works. Thanks!

5 comments:

Andy Porter said...

How cool are you??? I love that!! We'll have to get some more ink for our printer then I'm making one. Thanks for all the work!

Melissa said...

Cassie - that is too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Fisher Family said...

that's cool... I've been trying to teach this song to our kids... Brevan is a master at it by the way...he sang me the whole song the other week when they were here for family night!

Fisher Family said...

Can you do something like that with all of the sacrament songs?

Cassie said...

Do you mean the CSMP songs for this year? I'll work on it, and post them as they're finished.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin