Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Mom-blings

I think I'm a change kinda gal...easy, minor changes anyhow. I wouldn't go so far to say that I would love a major change like moving to a new country or maybe even state for that matter...I mean, I definitely have a comfort zone...but I definitely like to change things up.
Take hair for example. I love to try new hairstyles. I probably wouldn't go for the green spiky mohawk, but I can go from long to short without a second thought. I'm sure it drives my stylist nuts because every time I go in I want something different.
Here's another one...furniture. I love to rearrange my furniture (much to the dismay of my husband since he's always the muscle involved.) This ones a little harder though. Furniture is kind of heavy sometimes and it takes me a few tries moving things to different places before I get what I want and more often than not it involves moving furniture to and from several different rooms, but it's a change and it keeps things interesting.

Why am I talking about change??? I don't know. I just felt like a change this morning and since "the muscle" is not home to rearrange the furniture and my stylist is booked 3 weeks out I went with the next best thing...the blog. Do you like it?? I've been looking for a good 3 column (love the 3 column!) layout FOREVER! Well, maybe not forever, but for a long time and I just found a bunch. So, I'm excited. I can't say that this will be the end to my blog changing because
#1-I like change (I think I already mentioned that)
#2-I'd still like to learn how to write HTML and figure out how to custom make my own layouts so that I can get just what I want (although that's no guarantee that I still wouldn't change things up all the time...in fact it's probably a catalyst to my change addiction)...and
#3 - I'm just beginning to develop this blog.

So what about you? Are you a change kinda gal? What are you in the process of changing?

3 comments:

Jackee said...

I love change! And the itch especially comes in the spring--there's just something about this time of year.

I like the new layout and look. Keep up the great job on this site. One day you can show me how to do cool things on mine. And the everyday postings give me something better to look at than my dirty bathroom toilet. (In other words, I adore your blog, Cassie! Even more than morning sickness!)

Andy Porter said...

I'm with you on that one! I'm thinking of changing my middle name to "change". Our poor hubbies. Something that I would love to change today?!....THE SEASON!!! The blog looks AWESOME!! The birds are so cute and the color scheme is perfect!

Coretta from Confetti said...

The furniture thing makes me laugh. I am good with things when I know they fit and they are the best solution... for a while... but if it just doesn't feel right: I am happy to change. So when it comes to furniture and muscles...and the muscles I have available to me I have to think ahead. I do all my furniture rearranging virtually. Gary thought I was nuts when I went through our house before we bought it and measured everything (how high up the windows were, how big the laundry room was etc). Then I sat down to my compy and drew up a floor plan of our house and where everything would go. Muscles were happy. I felt smart. So now when we get a new piece of furniture or I get an itch to change it... I plan it out before muscles has to lift a finger. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin