Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Tip

Just a quick post today...
I realized that conference is coming up pretty quick and I still hadn't finished the workbook/journal for the older kids that I had planned on doing. So, here it is. I made this workbook specifically for my older kiddos. (The link for the workbook for younger children is on my right sidebar under quiet books.) I think it's got enough of a combination of "fun stuff" vs. "learning stuff" to keep them occupied for at least 1 session of conference. FYI: I also designed this little workbook/journal to coincide with one of my favorite ideas from the article in the Mar. Ensign about preparing children for general conference. As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my favorite ideas out of the article was to have each of the kids think of 3 (or however many you want) questions as they watched conference and then make a game of it the next night for FHE...who was paying the best attention??? The questions could be anything from, "What color tie was Pres. Monson wearing?" to "Who spoke about temples in the Sunday morning session?" I know my big kids would get a kick out of this...but I think that even my little ones would too. So...with that in mind, in this workbook the kids have to write down 3 things they heard in each talk and then come up with a question at the end of the talk.

Conference Journal - Older Child

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassie,

You are awesome! I don't know if you remember me or not but I am married to Scott Samson, Steve's friend. I found your blog through Denices' and I must say, you are amazing. Thanks for the conference activity work book, I think it will help a ton! Keep up the good work!

Cassie said...

Hi April - Of course I remember you. Glad you found me! I'm sure your kids are much younger than mine, so they might enjoy the conference workbook for younger kids...it's on my right sidebar under quiet books. Hope to hear from you again!

Jackee said...

These are gorgeous. I'm telling everyone about them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin