Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom

I recently saw a clip by a comedian on Youtube making fun of people because they/we complain about everything. Unfortunately, he was more right than wrong. It made me wonder if I was like one of the complainers? Hope not! Anyhow, then I read this quote on a friend's blog. It immediately reminded me of the Youtube clip, but it also reminded me that all I need to do to NOT be one of the complainers is to count my blessings!

Excerpt from "How to Be Totally Miserable" by John Bytheway


Lots of people complain. Most people complain about their problems, but miserable people are different-they complain about their blessings. If their car breaks down, they complain that it isn't new. If their waitress is slow, they complain and withhold a tip. If their cell phone drops a call, they complain about their service. They're like the people in the Old Testament who got free food from heaven and said, "What? Manna again?" By contrast, happy people are grateful to have a car, thankful they can afford to eat at a restaurant, and stoked that they have a cell phone. Most people in the world don't have cars, can't afford restaurants, and have never sent a text message. Happy people count their blessings, while the miserable complain about theirs.


Count your blessings today. It will do wonders and, more than likely, put a smile on your face!

2 comments:

Jackee said...

I agree!

And check out this video--it's hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

Cassie said...

Love it...that's the Youtube clip I was talking about, but I wasn't sure where to find it because I didn't know who any of the people were and Kenny had just shown it to me the other night! Funny! We must be on the same wave length!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin