Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom

I've posted previously that not all wisdom comes from a quotable source (ie. books, leaders, well known people.) Some of the best wisdom comes from our children, or even from observing our children, and that's exactly where today's wisdom comes from. Here is Lesson #2 from Lesson's From My 3 Year Old...a blog that I have long since abandoned but not forgotten....(and as I've said before, this will be an on-going, occasional indulgence of mine)

Lesson #2
Bandaids Can Fix Everything


Kenny always says that you can fix anything with duct tape. It's a "must have" in every man's garage.

I've come to the conclusion that a bandaid is a kid's duct tape. Bandaids make everything better! Get hit in the shin with a baseball...use a bandaid. Sliver...bandaid! Wipe out on the pavement and skin your knee after attempting a quadruple twisting double back flip on your skateboard...bandaid! FYI, bandaids are good for moms too. Kids being too noisy...bandaids (to close their mouths.) No tape to wrap a present...bandaid. Need some sympathy...bandaid (a well placed bandaid can get you a well earned 15 min. of down time...and a load of hugs and kisses to go along with it) A house without bandaids will, in all likelihood, fall apart at the seams!

Funny how something so simple can make everything all better...but it does. The tears fade, the smile returns, and 2 min. after affixing the bandaid, Rylen is back out on his scooter attempting another stunt with reckless abandon. I guess life is like that. Simple things can solve the biggest problems. We have the right idea as kids. Our bandaids just evolve as we get older.
My bandaids: Chocolate, Kenny, and Prayer.

What are your bandaids???


1 comment:

Jackee said...

I love your blog, Cassie, my friend.

My bandaids right now: naps and writing. Usually in that order. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin