Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom

I'm taking a "Time Out For Women" seminar. Sheri Dew is the instructor for the next couple of weeks. The lessons this month are focusing on "The Divine Gift of Influence" with a specific focus each week. This week the topic is "Righteous Women Can Change the World." Sis. Dew spoke about our focus and influence this week and asked us to think about:
1. What our focus is on
2. How a life focused on Christ compares to ours
3. What we can do to improve our focus
4. What influence we have as a result of our focus.

The following are 2 quotes from the lesson that I found particularly poignant. The first reminds me of where my focus should be. The second leaves me feeling hopeful, in spite of trying times, for a brighter future.

"What you're focused on determines what you see and what you don't see.....If we focus on the world, we don't see the Lord or the adversary. If we focus on the Lord, we not only see Him with clearer vision, but we are also better able to detect the presence of the adversary." -Sheri Dew


"These are times in which a genius would wish to live. It is not in the still calm of life...that great characters are formed. The habits of a vigorous mind are formed in contending with difficulties. Great necessities call out great virtues."
-Abigail Adams (David McCullough, John Adams, Simon & Schuster, 226.)


*Just a quick note. If you're interested in the Time Out for Women Seminars, they are available on-line now. Click here for more info.

1 comment:

Jackee said...

I sooooo needed to hear this today. Thank you, my friend! (And do you mind if I steal the A. Adams quote? It's just what I've been thinking a lot about lately--if you haven't noticed from my own blog.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin