Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday - Things to Do

It's another late day. But I have an good excuse....it was beautiful outside! I figured it was about time to get working in the overgrown flowerbed out in front of our house (although you'd never know what I did if you drove by,) and then I got caught up taking pictures of the kids enjoying the warm weather. Anyhoo....

Here's the happenings this weekend:

For all you scrapbookers out there it's the Scrapbook USA Expo this weekend at the South Town Expo Center. Click here for more details. I'm not really a big scrapbooker anymore. I don't know if I ever was. Although I really liked to pretend. I'm just horrible at getting out all of the stuff...and then putting it away when I'm all done (that's almost worse than having to get it all out. I really need a room to dedicate to crafty things where I can leave all my stuff out. Maybe then I'd be motivated to do more.) Personally I prefer digital scrapbooking...or even better, the digital photobooks that you can do!

If you're looking for a sporting event, the BYU Women's Gymnastics team goes up against Utah on Friday Mar. 20th at 7pm in the Marriott Center. Tickets are $5 at the door. The girls have had a rough go of it this season what with injuries and such so I'm sure the support would be much appreciated.

Saturday, Mar. 21st from 1pm-2pm is the Bunny Hop at the Covey Center in Provo. It's $3 for kids and parents are free. Just a note for anymore mom's out there with a little princess or 2 (or more)...the princess party is coming up on Apr. 11th, 2009.

Lastly, if it's food you're after, it is March Madness Grilling at Sunflower Markets in Orem (1375 South State.) Burgers and bratwurst and all the fixin's for $1. I've actually heard a lot of good things about this farmers market. The prices and produce are supposed to be fantastic. My sister raves about their fruit...so make a grocery trip out of it and kill two birds with one stone.

If none of these sound interesting, how about just a bike ride or a walk. Go play at the park and swing on the swings. Throw the ball around outside with the kids. Just take advantage of the beautiful weather before the next storm comes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin