Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday - Switcheroo

I had good intentions today. I really did.
My plan was to make an easy, cost efficient skirt...and then give you some ideas to do the same.
HOWEVER...my sewing skills are a little rusty. I had everything all cut out ready to sew and as I began to put the skirt together I realized that I had cut the wrong piece out of the wrong fabric and when I went to right the wrong, I didn't have enough of the fabric left. (Rrrrrrr.....I'm a little annoyed with myself right now, but I'll go back to the fabric store tomorrow and hopefully they'll still have some of the fabric left, then I can get back on track.) Hopefully tomorrow I will have the tutorial/tip for you. Keep your fingers crossed!!

In the mean time I thought I would share with you a little project that I stumbled across on another blog. This project is called, "Finding Joy in the Journey" and it is focused on preparedness. We all know we need to be physically/temporally prepared (food storage, etc.)
but we also need to be prepared spiritually for the challenges that lie ahead. Participation in this program entails a small daily task for 31 days.
*Please note that this is not my program (nor did I actually finish all the tasks when I originally started them) so I will using the instructions given from the other blog (with permission) verbatim...and I'll be doing this with you.
Let me know if this would be something of interest to you, and I'll get it started. Tell your friends about it. Talk to your hubby about it. I think the more people we could have join us on our journey the more fun it would be. I'll do a follow up post later in the week if I get any response to this and let you know when we'll start!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin